Puppy Basics | Group Class
Young puppies are very impressionable, and their earliest experiences can have lasting effects on their behavior. Our trainer uses scientifically proven positive methods to encourage a fun and effective way to communicate with your pet. This six-week class is designed to help puppies grow into well-adjusted dogs. We’ll give you the tools to create a strong foundation of good behavior while focusing on socialization skills, good manners, and confidence-building for a well-balanced family member. We have a small “teacher to student” ratio to maximize attention and learning. This class is open to puppies between 8 weeks and five months of age, with a focus on:
- Teaching name recognition and attention skills;
- The art of saying “please,”
- Basic commands like sit, down, and an introduction to coming when called;
- Introduction to walking on a leash;
- Introduction to Leave it and Drop it;
- Crate training and potty training;
- Managing chewing and mouthing;
- Getting your puppy comfortable being handled and groomed;
- Addressing jumping up;
- Learn to prevent resource guarding, leash reactivity, separation anxiety and more as they get older;
- Socialization with other puppies and off-leash puppy playtime.
Class spaces are limited and in high demand. Classes are non-refundable after 1-week prior to starting.
Length: 6 Week Course